Pages

Wednesday, July 17, 2013

Chocolate and Peanut Butter

I like peanut butter as much as your average person, but while looking through recipes I kept coming across ones for chocolate and peanut butter cakes or cupcakes. For some reason, they intrigued to and I decided to make one of the cupcake recipes just for fun. The cupcakes was peanut butter flavored with chocolate chips in it, and even without frosting it was very good! The original recipe included peanut butter frosting--it was incredible. I think I could have eaten the whole bowl of it with a spoon. While it was a good frosting, I felt like I needed more chocolate, so I also made a simple milk chocolate frosting and swirled the two together. The cupcakes turned out SO rich, but SO good!







Several months later I had a customer call (rather last minute) needing cupcakes for her bunco group the following day. She wanted something a little different. I told her I had a good peanut butter chocolate chip cupcake, and she said that sounded great to her. I wanted to do something a little different from my initial attempt at them. I decided to still make the scrumptious peanut butter frosting and to drizzle chocolate ganache on them. They turned out pretty and tasty!


No comments:

Post a Comment