Pages

Monday, August 26, 2013

Yes, I do wedding cakes!

I had been making cakes for less than I year when I was first asked to make a wedding cake. Thankfully it was for a lady who wasn't having a large wedding and wanted simple! I knew I wanted to eventually get into wedding cakes and this sounded like the best opportunity. I made the cake for her bridal shower and she called me a week later and said she loved the cake and wanted me to make her wedding cake and wanted to meet to discuss it. What she wanted was very simple, and she was very easy going. She wanted white cake with all white frosting, their monogram, and some dots or swirls on the rest of the cake.

People had been asking me for months if I made wedding cakes, and I always had to say no. One of the best parts about making this was it allowed me to be able to say, "yes, I make wedding cakes!"


No comments:

Post a Comment