Pages

Wednesday, September 4, 2013

Simple is Okay


I love coming up with different flavor combinations, making big cakes, stacking cakes, and always trying to come up with something that I haven't done before. The other day I wanted to make a cake for our neighbors whose son is dealing with some health problems. I would have been more than happy to make them a cake with multiple layers and a fancy filling, but I just wanted to make something simple, so they wouldn't feel like I'd spent two days working on this cake. So I made a simple chocolate pound cake and didn't even make a glaze for it, just dusted a little powdered sugar on it before wrapping it in plastic. You would have thought I'd made them a three-tiered, multi-flavored, fondant covered cake. I was reminded that sometimes simple is okay, and sometimes we like just plain chocolate pound cake.



No comments:

Post a Comment