Pages

Friday, September 6, 2013

Tuxedo Cake

I've recently created a lot of themed cakes--trains, jungle, owls etc. When I volunteered to make the cake for my husband's grandparents' birthday party, I wanted to make a pretty cake. Of course I wanted it to taste good as well. I decided I wanted chocolate covered strawberries to be involved and when I googled cakes with chocolate covered strawberries, I found tons of pictures of "tuxedo cakes." I'm not sure I'd ever heard this term before, but from the little research I did, it looks like a "tuxedo cake" is chocolate cake, with whipped cream frosting, with chocolate ganache and strawberries on top. Who wouldn't want that?! I decided I'd make one of these Tuxedo Cakes! I did three layers of chocolate cake and I decided to kick it up a notch and I made a chocolate mousse filling to go between the layers along with fresh sliced strawberries, then I frosted the entire cake in whipped cream, poured gananche on the cake, and added the strawberries. There were several steps, but it really wasn't a hard cake to make and it was beautiful as well as delicious! Wouldn't mind taking orders to make it again!


No comments:

Post a Comment